7th July 2012 - Royal Chatham Dockyard
Steam Hammer 1955 - R G Ross and Son, Glasgow
RNLI Lifeboat in Museum
Another type of Lifeboat in the Museum
No 3 Covered slipway roof (1838) from the Mezzanine floor
WD 42 "Overlord" D-Day Locomotive - 0-4-0 Diesel - Andrew Barclay Sons & Co., Kilmarnock and a R & W Hawthorn, Leslie Steam shunter 1912
General view of the dockyard
Large Cannon - 9 pounder probably
Rope Gallery - nearly a quarter of a mile long
Is Dr Who visiting?
Steam Tramway Geared Locomotive "SYDENHAM" 2-2-0TG, [AP3567] built by Aveling & Porter in 1895.
1936 Peckett saddle tank running around the docks
Pictures from David Nelson
Photos taken by Martyn Hunt
Maidstone & District Leyland Atlantean with Metro-Cammell bodywork
Maidstone & District Leyland Leopard with Marshall body
Image from footplate of steam loco. P1903/1935 Peckett.
IDHTS member John Goddard on the footplate of the P1903/1936 Peckett
Photo from Bev Steele
Westland Dragonfly WG 751. Chatham Dockyard
Westland Dragonfly WG 751 information. Chatham Dockyard
Photos taken by Phil Argent
Ajax Locomotive by R. & W.Hawthorn, Leslie & Co.Ltd, RSH 7042/1941.
HMS Gannet - built on the Medway in 1878. Served in the Pacific, Mediterranean and Red Sea seeing action defending the port of Svakin in 1886. Became a training ship in 1913 until 1968.
HMS Ocelot - the last warship built for the RN at Chatham in 1962. A very successful submarine of the “Cold War”. Served until 1982.
HMS Cavalier - built in 1944, awarded the battle honour “ARTIC 1945” for operations off Northern Norway. Served until 1972. Berthed on the site where HMS Victory was built